Storm Window (reporting from Colleen)

 


I didn’t know what to expect after last night’s deluge, but when the ‘is anyone swimming’ text went out I was already suited up, knowing I didn't want to miss the opportunity between storms. I’m always surprised to find calm waters after a big downpour. I arrived early, I enjoy walking along the beach before my swim, the clouds and light were spectacular and the water so inviting. I grew up in San Diego in Pt. Loma, whenever I visit I love the smell that greets me when I drive into Ocean Beach on the way to the Point, today I got a hint of that smell, memories of childhood and all things saltwater permeated my thoughts during my swim. 

Swimwise, I felt kind of sluggish, I’m blaming fewer swims over the past weeks, who knows, who cares, it was beautiful. We got a glimpse of Buddy the harbor seal, but they were playing shy. 

One last thing, I love weekend swims, having the luxury to stick around and chit chat and slowly migrating to the parking lot, where end up chatting even more.  

Swim Facts of the Day:

Water temp: 51° (per Jenny)

Swimmers: Jenny, Arwen, Jim, Margaret, Kira, Teri, and Colleen (I think that was everyone) - thanks for the swim all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you, Jenny!

Swimming Between Storms (report from Jenny)

Colleen's Favorite Weather Forecast Resources